Well, the Round 2 MBA application round is over. At this time of the year, some MBA aspirants who could not apply in earlier rounds, ask themselves,” Shall I apply in Round 3 (or R 4 or 5 for some schools) or Round 1 in the next application cycle?” There is no ‘yes’ or ‘no’ answer to this question. The decision is influenced by every candidate’s personal situation, profile, level of preparation in school research, and many other factors.
If you are one of those applicants, you may consider the factors mentioned below to make an informed decision that works well for you
Apply in Round 3:
1. If you have put a significant amount of time and effort into putting together a stellar application (essays, resume, LORs)
2. If you have a unique background that would truly add to the class
3. If you want to take a chance now and do not mind investing your time and money in applying again in Round 1
4. If you faced rejection in earlier rounds by applying to only dream schools, you might consider targeting your second choices
5. If, for some personal or professional reasons, you cannot wait until next year
Wait until Round 1-2023-24 Application Cycle:
1. If you need time to brainstorm your stories or goals
2. If you want to boost your GMAT score
3. If your recommendations letters are not ready
4. If your work experience is weak or you are expecting a promotion soon
5. If you are an international applicant
6. If you need 6-7 months to accumulate some volunteer work or research your target schools
7. If you must need a scholarship
Whatever decision you make- Round 3 or Round 1- you must carefully evaluate all the pros and cons of that decision. We also advise our Round 3 students to write an optional essay to explain why they waited until the last round.
Most importantly, please do not submit a rushed application. You should apply when you are ready.
For more details, Click here.
We wish you good luck with your application.
Overarching Essay Tips
MER Students Share their success Stories
15th AIGAC Conference -2022- The Changing Trends in Management Education– Key Takeaways
Since 2011, MER (myEssayReview) has helped many applicants get accepted into the top 20 MBA programs worldwide. (Poonam is one of the top 5 most reviewed consultants on the GMAT Club.)
Do you have questions about your application for the 2023-24 admission cycle? Email Poonam at firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up here for a free consultation.